Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Now They're Both Sick!

I mentioned a couple weeks ago that Isaac had a cold. Then last week Jonas wound up in the ER with bronchiolitis. On Monday I realized that it had been 2 weeks for Isaac with the congestion and the coughing, and the doctor likes to see kids that have been congested/coughing for 2 weeks because there could be an infection at that point. Since he has had no fever and hasn't been complaining of any pain (even when I ask him if anything hurts) I called and made an appoint for today because I was supposed to bring Jonas back in anyway and I wanted to avoid extra trip in.

You see, taking both my kids to the doctor's office is a nightmare. Isaac gets so bored and tries to run off when they're taking Jonas' vitals. In fact, today he took off on the way back from the scales and ran into the supply closet. :-/ And if I had to make 2 trips in this week then both kids would have had to go 2 times. 2 nightmare trips. And 2 nightmare trips would have made for an exceptionally cranky mommy. Ok, so just the one trip has made for a cranky mommy. Yes, I'm feeling cranky.

She checked Isaac out and it turns out that he has an ear infection. He's had more ear infections in this past year than he had had during his entire life up until now. At least it's not hurting him too badly.

Now on to Jonas. His lungs are clear - no wheezing. That's the good news. The possibly bad news is that we'll have to watch him every time he gets a cold to see if he's wheezing. The bad news is that he also has an infection in both ears.

So we're now going on the 5th month of one or both of them being sick with maybe a week or two of completely healthy in between. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment