Sunday, September 27, 2009

No Real Theme

I've got a bunch of stuff to write about but no real theme to this post. :-P

First of all, 1 year molars #2 and 3 are IN!!!! :-D Only one more to go in this set. Also, Jonas has learned to walk and he's talking more too. He knows how to say "Blues Clues." :-/ Oh well, I guess it could be worse.

Isaac is still loving school. I'm so happy about that! I've volunteered in the school library twice now. The first time she had me calling out about 5 kids' names to go look at books and to call new kids as the ones who had been looking came back. The 2nd time she was swamped with checking out books so she asked me to read to the kids. That was fun. I like reading to kids - doing character voices and all that. When Isaac's class came in (they're 2nd out of 3 classes) he was surprised and excited to see me in the reading chair. He kept saying "That's my mother!" So sweet. He still wants me around, lol.

As for me, I'm completely and totally wiped out. I went to the doctor a couple weeks ago and switched from Zoloft to Welbutrin. The Zoloft tends to cause weight gain (intense carb/sugar cravings) and fatigue. She also gave me orders for bloodwork just in case the zoloft wasn't the only reason for the fatigue. It turns out that I'm deficient in Vitamin D and my thyroid levels showed slightly lowered function. I'm on - get this - 50,000 iu's of Vitamin D once a week (that would be 25 - 50 OTC tablets but mine is a prescription so only one pill) for the next 8 weeks. Nothing for my thyroid yet. They want to retest both at the end of 8 weeks.

I thought the tiredness was from being up with Jonas but if I'm truly honest with myself I know it's more than that. Isaac slept worse than Jonas does and I feel at least as bad as I did with him. It's more than "Oh, I stayed up too late last night and I'm feeling tired." It's a nauseating exhaustion. If you got sick/tired during 1st trimester pregnancy then that would be a pretty close description of what this is like. (On the flip side, if you didn't get sick or tired during pregnancy, I don't want to hear it. ;-) This tiredness goes to my bones and it is a painful tired. I really hope this supplement does the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment