Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Baby!

Jonas turned one on April 28th. The day was happy with a little sadness mixed in, as he is our last baby and it is hard to see him growing up so fast.

We decided that he should have his first bite of birthday cake on his birthday so I made a little cake for that day. Isaac helped me pick the colors.
Jonas also got to wear a special hat.

BTW, he likes cake. :-P

On Saturday, May 2nd we had a birthday party. It was a really fun day. :-) Jonas took a nap before so he was in a good mood for the whole party. We had our family and some friends there. Isaac had friends there as well, so it was fun for him too.

This is the cake that I made for the party.



This is the 4 of us at the party. You can also see the little cake that I made just for Jonas to smash.

And here are a couple of pictures of Jonas smashing his cake.




And here he is waving as we are opening his presents.


I have some really cute video that I will also add to the blog when I get it on the computer.

I apologize for not keeping up with the blog lately. As I said a few weeks ago, I had mastitis for the 3rd time. I thought it was getting better but it turns out that it wasn't. The day before the party I had to go to the doctor and was put on a new antibiotic. If that one didn't work I was going to have to go see a surgeon as it could have been an abscess. Yikes! Thankfully by the following Wednesday I was feeling better. With all the planning for the party and the extended bout of mastitis I'm still feeling a bit run down so I haven't been very motivated to post or to do much else. :-( I'm hoping this gets better after I rest up some more.

1 comment:

  1. He looks just like Isaac. Beautiful cakes. It was nice to see a small piece of Faith in the background. Miss you guys.--- Barbara and family

    ReplyDelete