Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Stuff About the Kids and, Well, I Just Have To Whine...

First the fun stuff. Jonas is learning more and more every day. He can pull himself up, cruise, and crawl at lightning speed. He's starting to make more sounds that sound like words. He said "green" and "blue" in the last week. He also points and says something that sounds like "that." He got 2 new teeth on Thursday, April16th. They are the top left and bottom left next to the top teeth. We're still waiting on the bottom right one. This brings his total to 7. He's also feeding himself quite well and has entire meals of foods that he feeds himself at times. He's getting so big!

Isaac is finishing up his year in Pre-K. I have a conference with his teacher on Monday. Tomorrow Grandma and Grandpa are coming to take him to school and he is pretty excited about that. He cracks me up with his humor. Just yesterday he said "You eat polliwogs a lot, don't you?" I have no idea how he came up with that but he says it in such a funny way that I can't help but laugh. He's also going to bed all by himself now. This is a HUGE deal as up until 2 weeks ago he needed Daddy to lay down with him in order to go to sleep. He also came into our room whenever he woke up at night. Now he's doing it all by himself. I'm so proud of my little man! It was all his idea too.

Now my turn to whine. Today I came down with mastitis for the THIRD time since having Jonas. This is a horrible thing. There is localized pain but also fever and body aches. The last time I had it I was very, very sick. This time it doesn't seem to be quite as bad and hopefully since I started taking medicine quickly it won't get as bad either. I don't know why I keep getting it - I never had it with Isaac. But it's causing me to seriously consider weaning.

Jonas' b-day party is next Saturday and I'm so behind on everything! I still haven't mailed out the invitations. I will hopefully get those out tomorrow. The cake has been planned. This weekend I will make the candy plaque and some of the royal icing decorations. Then next week I'll be baking, cooking and decorating. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment