Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Jillian Michaels Kicked My Butt

I used to be a regular at the Y. I went 4 or 5 times a week and did cardio and weightlifting. I love weightlifting. I went regularly during my pregnancy as well, although I switched to swimming then because the eliptical gave me motion sickness.

I haven't been there since Jonas was born. I have an intense fear of germs when my children are babies, especially during flu season. I think I'll be ok to take him by the end of March but until then I'm just not comfortable with having him in the child care center.

I decided to try a Jillian Michaels DVD on the recommendation of several posters at Ovusoft.com. This one is called "30 Day Shred" and is a circuit training type program. Let me tell you, this thing was intense. The circuit training part reminded me of when I was at Curves (I worked there before Isaac was born) but it was much, much tougher. I am going to be sore tomorrow. I like that feeling, though. The feeling of working out hard. I was reminded today of the "high" that I get afterwards as I was sitting in the parking lot waiting for Isaac after school, smiling like an idiot. :)

The DVD requires small hand weights. I didn't have any in a weight that I thought would work for me so when we were at Target on Saturday I decided to pick some up. I was holding the weights out in front of me and thought that the left weight felt much heavier than the right weight. They were labeled the same so I switched hands. Same thing. The left felt heavier. That's when it dawned on me that I carry Jonas around in my right arm all the time. This kid has caused me to be much stronger on the right side than on the left!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got a workout in! I think we should keep each other accountable for this... I need soemone to kick my butt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. I'll expect a full report on tonight's visit to the Y. :P

    ReplyDelete