Friday, May 15, 2009

He's Going To Be In Kindergarten Soon

Yesterday I registered Isaac for Kindergarten. This all happened suddenly as I thought we had to wait until July since May registration is for returning students. It turns out that they like for new Kindergarten students to register in May as well so I had one day to get all the info together but that wasn't too difficult since it was all mostly in the same place anyway.

Isaac was at Little Gym yesterday so Jonas and I went to the school during that time. I had a bit of trouble figuring out how to get into the parking lot (the signs are confusing) but managed to get in and find a spot. Walking into the school I got that familiar nervous-stomach feeling that I used to get every year when I was starting school. I didn't want to make a fool out of myself by blubbering like an idiot when I was just there to fill out a few forms. I'll save that for the first day of school when I can properly embarrass Isaac. :-P

It really was a pretty easy process. He's all registered and now we just have to get his physical, eye exam and dental forms filled out. After that there's nothing to do until August 12th when he goes to the school for a Popsicle party and Rex and I go for open house. Then he has his first day on August 14th (a very short day) and his first full day on August 17th.

My baby is growing up. He says he's ready. Am I?

1 comment:

  1. You and Isaac will do just fine. School starts early there. We don't start until August 31st. but i guess you guys get out earlier. Kristen is registered for First Grade. I still have one more year for the twins. Love the new blog layout.

    ReplyDelete