Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hair Heeeeeeeeeeellllllllllp!!!

I am in desperate need of help. My hair is a mess and I don't know what to do with it.

Whenever I've had a baby my hair grows out frizzy/curly for a few months and then goes back to it's usual texture. My usual texture has a slight natural wave but not much, and is very heavy and tends to go flat. Several inches of my usual textured hair have grown out now so my hair is frizzy and slightly curly on the sides and flat on the top. It looks like I'm growing out a really bad perm.

It takes me at least 1/2 hour with the flat iron to get it semi-presentable and even then it still looks a bit frizzy. I don't have the time to be doing this on a daily basis so I usually just look a mess.

I've decided to cut my hair short in order to get rid of most of the friz. This is a picture taken earlier this week - it was actually a low friz day but you can still see how it is.



As you can see, the friz starts about an inch below the hairpins.

I'm not opposed to going very short. Unfortunately I have no idea of what cut to get. I think I really need to have bangs because of my forehead. Also, I have an extra chin so I don't want to call too much attention to that. If you haven't seen me in several years, I've gained a lot of weight and am a great deal larger than I was.

I'm not opposed to using a flat iron once in a while but I'd like something that on a daily basis I can just use a bit of product in and go. I like messy styles best. It's when every hair has a specific place that things go horribly, horribly wrong in my world. :-P

So if anyone has any ideas, please send me pictures. You can email them to me or post them on Facebook and tag me or get them to me any other way.

Thank you for any ideas you can give.

5 comments:

  1. I swear by my remington flat iron I got at Walmart a couple yrs ago for $28. Better than the professional one i got for $60ish. It's a wet/dry model so it steams it. Love it.
    Looks like hair is bout the same length and I tend to grab the bobby pins and throw em in the same spot-whether straight or spazzy.
    have you tried Pomade in your hair after it's dry? It should help tame the frizz. My fave I use on clients is made by Textureline. It's nice and thick-not oily-and would prob work better on your fine-ish hair...Worth a try before hacking at it then freaking out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention-my hair is thick and takes me roughly 5 min to straighten it.Less if I dried it first so it's not super curly from being air dried.
    If you air dried or scrunched for curl/wave I'd use the pomade-less than a pea amount-squish it thru then run fingers thru to kinda seperate the waves a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'll definitely give that a try. I've used pomade before but it's been a while. It was the last time I had my hair really short that I used it.

    I know this is going to sound odd coming from me since you know how I used to be about my hair but I really don't freak out after hacking it all off anymore. :-P I've pretty much decided to go really short sometime soon, even if I wasn't having the friz issues. I get bored with what I have and so I either have to grow it out or cut it off and I'm really not in the mood to deal with growing it out right now, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no real ideas, but I just wanted to say that is a pretty picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Leighann! I took it because I had just gotten all gussied up to take Jonas to the doctor, LOL.

    ReplyDelete