Saturday, February 28, 2009

Updates and Stuff

I thought I would post a few updates on what has been going on with us.

Jonas seems to be improving. I haven't heard any wheezing from him since Wednesday night. He has a follow-up appointment with his pediatrician on Wednesday and hopefully he'll be all clear then.

I know that some of you have been through this with your own children but for those of you who have never seen this equipment, I took some pictures of the medicine that he is using. The first is the mask that they used at the hospital. They used a nebulizer which made the medicine come out looking like steam. It wasn't hot, that's just the way it looked. I had to hold it in front of his face and he kept wanting to play with it and chew on it. When the treatment was done they gave him the mask to play with. I think it's supposed to be either a dinosaur or a rhinoceros.

This is the medicine that they sent us home with.

And since babies can't take the inhaler as is, I attach it to this tube and mask and put the mask over his mouth and nose. At first he would cry every time but now he has started to hold his breath instead. Since I have to wait for him to take 5 breaths, this makes it take longer. I don't blame him, though. The medicine is pretty stinky.

And I just thought this was a nice picture of him sitting up and smiling.

Isaac is doing well. He has gotten over being upset about Jonas going to the hospital, at least as far as he's telling me. Then again, sometimes he just doesn't tell us when he is upset and we find out about it several weeks later. He's very sensitive so we never know just what is going on in his head.

He hadn't been getting enough sleep last week and one evening it caught up with him. We put him to bed soon after we found him but we had to get a picture first.

He was invited to a birthday party today. It was for his friend Braden, and he had a great time. He was talking about what fun he had the whole way home. I had a great time too. I love birthday parties. Since Braden was sick the day of Isaac's party, his mommy gave Isaac his present today. He likes it a lot and wanted me to take a picture of him on it. :-)

So that's what's going on with us lately. I'm still working on getting the Mardi Gras videos on here. I hope to have them on here by the end of the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. we have that same mask...if you ever need a nebulizer. I have one. AJ had tons of breathing issues as a baby and insurance paid for one for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Hollie. Leighann told me that one of your children had breathing issues. I'm hoping this is all we'll need but with kids you just never know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture of Isaac sleeping like that in the chair! LOL!

    ReplyDelete